• Manages the recreation center programs staff and activities to meet the community needs; directs operations, evaluates and analyzes… Read More
Required Skill in:
• Interpreting and applying recreation standards and City policies and procedures.
• Analyzing recreation program issues, and preparing and presenting recommendations.
• Interpreting customer needs and solving customer service and public relations issues.
• Monitoring operations and assuring recreation facilities are properly and safely maintained.
• Supervising facilities maintenance and program management activities.
• Assessing community needs and developing solutions.
• Collecting data, preparing special reports, and effectively presenting program information.
• Evaluating and interpreting program results and performance outcome measures.
• Assessing and prioritizing multiple tasks, projects and demands.
• Establishing and maintaining cooperative working relationships with City employees, vendors and community organizations.
• Supervising staff, and delegating tasks and authority.
• Operating a personal computer utilizing a variety of business software.
Physical Demands / Work Environment:
• Work is performed in a standard office environment and in recreation facilities.
• May be required to work immediately before, during or after an emergency or disaster.
• GENERAL PURPOSE: Under general supervision, responsible for the overall direction, coordination, operation, and success of the New Braunfels Recreation Center; assures that safe and appropriate recreation programs are provided for the community.